Monday, April 20, 2009

My new favorite place in the world.

Two weekends ago, it was Holy Week...or as my people call it "Semana Santa" It's very common for people to travel during the long weekend, as everyone gets Thursday and Friday off from work.

Well being in Peru, the 4 other girls I currently live with (who, by the way, are awesome) and I decided to follow suit and skip town. We decided that a beach trip was in order, and since I've been dying to go to a beach close to Ecuador for a while now, I suggested Mancora, which turns out is a magical beach full of nothing but happiness and relaxation. Fountain of youth my foot. Live in Mancora and you'll stay young forever....and Happy!

Guys, it was the best trip! It was soooo relaxing. Essentially, we just spent 4 days on the beach, getting tan, and doing fun activities for a very low Peruvian cost like Riding horses for 5 dollars, getting a massage ON THE BEACH for 3 dollars, and other assorted funness. The waves in the ocean were MASSIVE so we didn't brave boogie boarding too much (although I think I found my spiritual gift the first time I rented a boogie board in Trujillo). But even just getting knee deep in the ocean was good enough for me! I loved every second of it! Now, granted, because the town is pretty touristy, the food was a little more expensive. On the other hand because there are so many foreigners, the town has many restaurants to cater to the diversity of the tourists.

Ohhhh the food. Let me take a minute just to make you hungry. We had Mexican food, and giant Margaritas, Thai food, and a lot of just good old Gringo food from the states, one of my favoites was a TBG sandwich- Turkey Bacon Guacamole and the other girls ate some Fish tacos. My easter breakfast was a giant plate of French toast, coffee, Pineapple juice and a big bowl of fresh fruit with yogurt...all for 4 dollars (believe it or not, that is fairly pricey for a breakfast in Peru..even of those unbelievable proportions.) And quite possibly my favorite part of the gastronomy in Mancora was Papa Mo's Milk Bar...strange name, but world's best milkshakes and brownie sundaes! Seriously, a giant milkshake for 2 dollars!?! and a homemade brownie Sundae for 2 dollars?! honestly...I know the Biblical way of handling conflict..."If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over." -- Matthew 18:15, But I really think that you can make your brother listen to you more if you take him to Mancora and buy him a Papa Mo's Milkshake!

Oh my word. I wanted to stay in Mancora forever. But I am now back to reality and all I have left is my sweet memories and the pictures, some of which are in this blog. I hope you all had a great Easter! And come to Mancora! We'll get some shakes!

No comments: