Sunday, March 4, 2007

It's Posting Season!




First post of the new blog! As you may have noted from my blog's address, www.peruviangillian.blogspot.com or even from the blog title "Ms. Baikie goes to Trujillo" I, Gillian Baikie, am headed south of the border; and south of the continent for that matter.

Beginning in July, I will be serving for one year in Trujillo, Peru working with Peru Mission, an mission organization that seeks to bring the Good News of the gospel to the people of Nothern Peru. You can check them out more at www.perumission.org


More specifically, while I am in Trujillo, I will be teaching English at the San Augustin Language Institute, which can be seen here: www.sali.perumission.org


So, until July, this blog will serve as a tool for updating you lucky people on my support raising progress and on my thoughts as I prepare to make this move, which will most likely be one of those major life changing events. Then, beginning in July, you lucky people will be able to keep up with my travel experiences, new friends, weird new food, funny English/Spanish miscommunication stories, and whatever other hilarities come my way. Who knows? I may also throw in a few Spanish Word of the Day posts so that you can improve your Spanish!


I hope that if you read this, that you'll leave some comments and let me know what's going on in your world and how I can pray for you!

Hasta Luego! (We'll start slow..."Hasta Luego" -"Until then!")

4 comments:

*Rach* said...

YAY!!!!! I am so excited about this!!! you are going to be a great peruvian!!

~marie said...

oh oh! will every post contain a spanish lesson? i really want to learn!!! please!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you living in Peru!! So do you have a specific amount you need in terms of fundraising etc. I would love to help lend support in whatever way I possibly can, so I will check back for future updates :)

Gillian said...

Thanks Ladies for the comment! Just to let you know, I am raising $11,400 to cover absolutely everything for the year. Plane tickets, medical insurance, rent, food...you name it, it's in there!

I've been telling everyone this, but I first thought that this was an incredible about of money to raise, but I then realized that it is even impossible to live in the United states for one full year on that. (Poverty line is 16,700 dollars!)

Eleven thousand is no small number, but then again, nothing is impossible for God!