Thursday, December 27, 2007

Umm.....is this the right blog?

Well, 2008 is almost here, and in the spirit of change (and being an art major) I decided to shake things up a bit and create a new color scheme for the old blog. Sorry if you were partial to the old colors, but alas, what is life if not but a series of changes? Anyway, I might stick with this one for awhile, until I decide that it's time for a fresh coat of paint again. If you give a design major a blog, She'll probably want to play with the colors all the time. I think there's a book about that...or maybe it's about giving a mouse a cookie. Either way.

I hope that everyone's Christmas was good and that you all had a very merry time with your families, friends, or whomever you might have spent Christmas with. Here in Colorado, we received 7 inches of fresh snow on Christmas Day making it...what does that make it? Oh yes, of course. A White Christmas! It was beautiful and I'm glad that I got to see some snow before I head back to my summer in Peru. This break has been nice for me. A nice chance to step back, see my loved ones, relax a little, and realize that I want to go back to Peru.

Don't get me wrong, I love it in Colorado, and seeing my family again has been wonderful and very much needed for my soul. But at the same time, it only takes a second to step back and realize where you want to be. Sometimes, I suppose I wish there were two of me, so that I could equally spend my time here with my family as well as in Peru, with my other family. But God didn't quite make the world like that, so I'm stuck with a heart in two different places. However, I'm just thankful that God has given me a heart that has room to call two places "home."

No comments: