Wednesday, January 30, 2008

People you should know

Meet my Roomie.
This is Heather Campbell. She is amazing.

A cheesy and uninspired biography of Heather will tell you Heather Campbell is from St. Louis, Missouri. She graduated from Covenant College with a major in Community Development with a focus on teaching English in developing countries.

My version will tell you that Heather Campbell is one of the people I appreciate the most in this world. She will joke around with you about anything. She has the best headband collection I have ever seen. She is fearless. She broke her arm in Peru while jumping on a trampoline. She had her 23rd birthday yesterday, fell for my ridiculous lie and walked right into our surprise party trap. Heather and I spend a lot of time together, and I don't know what I would do without her here. I think that she and I are similar in a lot of ways, but also very different which is good. We often share the same views on things, which makes it wonderful to talk things out with her, but I know that we can also throw down opposing opinions without either of us being offended in the end.

Things I admire about Heather:
  • She can talk with anyone, anytime, anywhere.
  • She is always comfortable joking around with people and has that amazing ability to put people at ease.
  • Heather has spent alot of time living outside of the US (6 months in Mexico and 3 months in the Dominican Republic, and now a year and a half in Peru)
  • She is very wise.
  • She has the amazing ability to admonish others in a Godly and loving way, something I often fail at.

And last but not least, she's just cool. Heather Campbell = Cool Girl. That's all there is to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gilly, I am a bonafide "gillian blog junkie." I try to catch up with you at least once every couple of weeks. I keep looking at that picture of you and that sweet precious llama just hoping to see you reaching out and hugging it sometime! God continue to hold you in his palm! Kath at KOK