Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Learn you some English...

Things are in full swing down here in Trujillo. We began our January classes yesterday and with around 150 students who signed up for class, January is shaping up to be a very full month for SALI. Since it's summer here, people have more free time. Other students will continue to enter classes throughout the week, but now, I'm beginning January with 16 new students. At SALI, each class or cycle lasts for one month, and professors stay with their classes for about 4 cycles. I'm very excited to get to know my students better over these next four months. They all seem eager to learn, which is a good thing, because I am eager to teach.

It's truly been great being back. I'm excited to see people I haven't seen in awhile and really just want to make the most of my time. I know that right now, a year and half may seem like a long time to live in a different country, but in the long run, it won't seem so long. So with that, I am content to be back in Peru and content with where God has led me.

2 comments:

Cornucopia of Love said...

I miss you. I know it's selfish and horrible but when I heard about the tons of snow being dumped on Colorado I secretly hoped in my heart that it would stop your plane and you'd be here in the states.

...and also I would be in Colorado.




...and have a pet llama-corn.

Gillian said...

Aw friend. You just keep believing...the llama-corn will be yours one day. And soon, you'll also be in Peru! Hooray!