Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Rainy days and Wednesdays always get me down...

Well, not everyday is filled with sunshine and lollipops. I just found out today that I'm not going to be able to work with my favorite design company, Citron Workspaces again this summer. Sigh.

Unfortunately, they've hired another full-time designer earlier this year which means that there just won't be enough work to hire on another designer. Sad day! Of course I still love that design firm. It's kind of funny, they told me they hired a girl that just graduated from design school, and one of the first thoughts I had was "that could have been me" However, I did not think about it with any sort of regret. Going down one path also means giving up whatever is on the other one. I know I could have been starting my career as I type right now, but that's not where God is leading me. I'll miss Citron, they're an incredible company, but they'll still be around when I get back. They also said that they would call me if they get busy some weeks and need some extra help around the office. Pray that they get smashed with work.

But the real reason that this whole thing is somewhat disconcerting to me is that I now have absolutely no source of income, yet I still have credit card bills to pay and student loans to worry about. Of course, my instant reaction was not what it should have been. I need to trust that God will provide, because He already knows my needs (and debts) so that's all I need to know.

So, if you or someone you know needs any sort of summer help, I do music gigs, I can do interior design consultations, I'm pretty awesome at answering phones and organizing files...and I'm willing to learn anything else you can think of in order to make some money this Summer. =)

1 comment:

~marie said...

you are filled with talent! i'm sure someone will be glad to have you work for them!
i'd hire you for babysitting, but the commute would be killer.