Thursday, May 24, 2007

That old house...

As usual, my sinful nature took over yesterday and God's grace smacked me in the face soon thereafter. Yesterday, I was pretty down because I wasn't going to be able to go back to work and the thought of spending another week having nothing productive to do made me want to punch holes in the wall, just so I'd have something to fix. That and I was very concerned about the fact that I wouldn't have any income for two months, which was very scary to me.

Today, thankfully, my family presented me with a temporary job! The Cordova family is selling my grandma's house very soon (my grandpa passed away about 9 months ago and my grandma has Alzheimer's and must now live at a place where they an care for her 24/7) So, because my grandparents lived there for almost 50 years, the house needs a little work, particularly painting, so say hello to your friendly neighborhood painting machine...Me! Since the house has to be painted before it's listed, I will spend the next 2 weeks painting an entire house by myself. Holy Moly. It'll be good, it'll keep me busy and give me a chance to do something that will benefit the whole family too as it's raising the value of the house! So...this is the part where I sheepishly repent for my prideful worry and thank God for His goodness though I do not deserve it at all.

It's going to be a little weird knowing that house will be sold. My grandparents raised 6 kids there and then raised their grandkids there as well. I could type for 3 days just telling you about all the memories that house holds, and although it's sad to know how things are now, I couldn't be more thankful for the memories that that house does contain! It's weird when you know you're passing that bridge of all the memories that you've had so far, and the memories that you're starting to develop right now. Life's funny like that, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey friend,
well, sorry that you can't work at Citron, but you are my favorite painter!! Miss ya buddy!