Saturday, September 20, 2008

If people watching were a contest....


There in fact would be no contest, as I would quickly win whatever title there was to be won.

Plaza Vea is abuzz this Saturday night with people on their way to the movies, to a restaurant, to get some grocery shopping in, or whatever other Saturday night fun they are looking for and here I sit, stationary in my corner booth at Starbucks (which makes it more than my once a week budget...shame on me, but I didn't eat out today so it works) watching the buzz, the twittering to and fro, the passing of people, couples, groups, families, whoever walks by the glass curtain wall. Tom Waits is accompanying me tonight, and I'm not sorry to say that I have a giant crush on Tom Waits' music.

Normally on Saturday nights, you would find me at the Larco Church youth group for their weekly Saturday meetings, however, my Saturday's have recently been burning me out a little bit. After going to Porvenir for music ministry at 3:30, leaving a little early at 5:15 in order to make it late for Choir practice which then goes until 6:30 (or 7 depending on the day) and then resting for an hour before youth group at 8, plus whatever other Saturday activities there are, I was getting a little burdened, so I am therefore on a brief hiatus from youth group until further notice.

It's kind of nice, I do miss seeing the people in the youth group a bit, however, this me date time is welcomed and appreciated muchly. I love people watching and unfortunately don't get to do too much of it because of a schedule that keeps me on my toes. This time is a good time to reflect, recollect, and finally realize that I am living in Peru. A pleasant awareness and comprehension that I am content.

No comments: