Thursday, October 9, 2008

A is for Antsy...


In exactly 5 days, I will be in a country that is severely english speaking.
That has not happened in almost a year. I'm traveling to the United States, leaving on Monday and on U.S. Soil on Tuesday.

To tell you the truth, I'm nervous about traveling. I haven't been nervous about traveling since....well I can't even remember the last time I was nervous about traveling. When I travelled to Peru in order to live here, I was just excited, not even nervous. But I am legitimately nervous. This doesn't happen often.

I keep having visions of something going horribly wrong and me spending my 10 days in the states locked in an airport customs jail in Miami. Why? I don't know, but I'm preparing for the worst....you know, just in case.

I'm very excited though about going on this trip. Seeing people I haven't seen in almost two years is going to be incredible, especially since I wasn't planning on seeing anybody in Anderson until maybe next year when I move back to the States for good. Soo....special thanks to Nicole Tyson who made this trip possible by getting engaged. I rejoice in your marriage, as well as how it benefits me. Just kidding...but not really at all. Thanks!

I'm sure that I'll be scribbling tons of thoughts on returning to the "motherland" in my sketchbook, and probably a good chunk of that will make it to this blog as well. But until then, I leave you in eager anticipation of the experiences to come.

3 comments:

Grace G said...

I hope you don't get stuck in customs in Miami. Just act normal, speak English, and don't bring any wildlife into the country. I know you can do it Gillian! ;)

Anonymous said...

And unlike previous flights, don't bring a box cutter onto the plane.

Gillian said...

Duly Noted.