Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Well, it's been one week since Dr. Jorge ice picked my impacted wisdom tooth right out of my mouth but I think that I now have some semblance of normalcy. Normalcy being the ability to open my mouth, talk, and not have a severely inflamed right side. It's still a little tender, but I'm just so happy because I actually was able to eat my entire (soft) solid meal yesterday. It took me about an hour to chew carefully and slowly, but doggone it I did it. Pasta never tasted so good. Which brings me to this post's subject.

I really love food.

Alot.

I love eating and trying new things and enjoying food with friends and good company and feeling satisfied after a hearty meal. There really is no substitute. So when I was banished to the land of milkshakes and water last week, I really felt the hole in my heart...and stomach. Ok ok, I probably did lose a couple of kilos, but still, there is nothing like a heartwarming meal to make you feel good all over. So anyway, all that is just because I wanted to share with you guys one of my favorite websites in the whole world. This is also the website that I stared at all of last week while isolated tears streamed down my face because I knew it would be awhile before I could partake in any of it.

Food Gawker- God's gift to the World Wide Web



This website is ah-mazing. It takes all the food blogger posts and consolidates them into a beautiful slideshow of wonder and magnificence that lets you click on one of the picture and be taken directly to the recipe. Enjoy!
Just make sure you have a granola bar near you...you will get hungry

1 comment:

Megan said...

i am catching up on your blog and had to tell you about a fave, tastespotting.com b/c it is about the same as food gawker and think you'll love it too :)