Saturday, March 6, 2010

Did I forget to mention?

Well...I thought this was common knowledge, but since 5 or 6 jaws of people I know pretty well have dropped in the last week when they heard this, I figured maybe it's not so commonly known, sooo, here's what you should know.

My time in Peru is coming to end. And it's sooner rather than later.

More specifically, it's April 7th.

Ok let me explain. I know that alot of people thought I would never leave Peru because I love it so much (which I still do); but alas, the trifecta of reasons are pulling me away.

First- My brother and his wife are having a baby in oh, a week. The baptism is April 11th, and since I am about to be the world's best aunt, I of course, would not and can not miss this for the world (even the Peruvian world). I'm so excited to be seeing my family again and for such a momentous occasion too!

Second, my brother is also finishing seminary which means he will be getting his pastoral call soon. I will of course be present for this momentous occasion, along with a few other momentous familial occasions that I want to be present for.

Third, (and this is the kicker) those vexing student loans are shrieking at me, demanding payment; almost like the sounds of a shrill alarm clock ripping you away from a blissful dream. The thing is, while non-profit work in a third world country has been amazing, it hasn't allowed me to make payments on my students loans, and I can't put them off any longer.

The next month will most likely be filled with posts related to thoughts of leaving, possibilities for the future, pleas for a job, and alot of nostalgia while, bittersweetly, I will be bidding adieu to my dear Peru on April 7th. Sad to be Leaving, Happy to have all the memories.

Just thought you should know...

No comments: