Friday, June 15, 2007

It was bound to happen eventually...

I don't consider myself a girl with regrets. I am a firm believer that every experience, whether good or bad, has occurred in my life thus far for the benefit of me and God's perfect plan for my life. Still, there are bad times in my life, and I am quite afraid that my first borderline regret has just occurred.

I just watched Bob Barker's farewell and final show of The Price is Right.

For the past 35 years, good old Bob has warmed hearts of millions of people and warned millions of the dangers of pet over-population. He taught us how to bargain, how to be discerning when it comes to considering the costs of wall to wall carpeting, jukeboxes, and year-long supplies of Centrum Silver (Centrum complete from A to Zinc). He tested our abilities to think under the pressure of a screaming audience when trying to correctly guess the price of hot pockets and blenders while a yodeling swiss man climbs up the mountain, hoping to not fall to impending doom. He even tested our motor skills with the Hole in One Golf Game, and was always ready to help a little old lady from Boca Raton wearing a shirt that says "Kiss Me Bob" that just couldn't quite spin the Showcase Showdown wheel on her own. Need I even say anything about Plinko? I don't think so.

Anyway, the reason why this is a borderline regret for me, is that one of my life goals was to be on the Price is Right. Alas, I believe Socrates once said "you snooze, you lose." Roughly translated of course. Somehow, though, I must press on. Here's to you, Bob- I will always spay or neuter my pets.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Being on The Price Is Right was always a dream of mine too... maybe we are related some how :) good thing we're friends.

Gillian said...

Good thing indeed, housie. Maybe if there's ever a reunion show, we can make clever t-shirts and win the showcase.