Monday, June 25, 2007

dum de dum...

I'm running out of things to post about on my blog. What with this being a blog about being in Peru, and seeing as how I'm not in Peru yet, it seems like I'm a little fluffy hamster, just spinning in my squeaky metal wheel.

Or something like that.

I have been itching to be in Peru ever since, well ever since I went there the first time in 2005. I knew I would go back. Don't ask me how, but I think in the back of my mind it wasn't ever really a question. Then when I did go back in 2006, I knew I would be going back for a more permanent visit...someday. Again, don't ask me how I knew. Actually maybe it's more of a hindsight bias thing Either way, the fact of the matter is that I am exactly 24 days away from leaving and now that it's close (well, closer than what it was 2 months ago) I just don't know what to do with myself before I leave.

I guess that's only partially true. I leave in 3 days for my brother's wedding- the last of the trilogy- and after that, I'll be in South Carolina to see friends one last time (possibly ever John Boyte) and then FINALLY I'll only be 13 days away. Does anyone know how to make time go by faster?

3 comments:

~marie said...

ok so i thought of you when i saw this news article today, but i wasn't gonna bring it up, but then you had to go and mention hamsters so here it is: http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=48016

the complete story of the celebration where they eat guinea pigs in peru! yum!

Gillian said...

Marie that's hilarious! I would definitely like to see what the best dressed guinea pig looks like!

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!