Friday, November 9, 2007

She's Baaaaaaack...



Actually, She's been back for almost a week now, but let's not worry ourselves with paltry details.

The point is that I am back from a miniature size vacation to Cajamarca, a city in the mountains of Peru. I loved being back in the mountains again. I loved being back at high altitudes, and I really loved finding out that I haven't lost my ability to not get altitude sickness. Secretly, it's a big fear of mine that if I live away from Colorado too long, I will lose my mountain lungs and be subject to altitude sickness. But happy news, I can still live at 9,000 feet with no problems.

Some highlights of the trip (besides just being in las montañas again) were:
  • Spending time in the market of Cajamarca
  • My first experience with eating cuy or guinea pig for you english speakers out there!
  • Spending time at the baños del Inca, natural hot springs in Cajamarca
  • Spending time with Pastor/Dr. Alonzo Ramirez and his family, missionaries with Peru Mission who work in Cajamarca.
  • And last, a two hour horseback ride through the mountains of Cajamarca...in the rain. I haven't seen any form of rain since July, and I loved it.

I posted pictures to my flickr account, which you can access by clicking here

The trip was nice, and it was much needed. This month has been...well it's been a heck of a month. I've been living/working in Peru for nearly four months now. When I return home for Christmas break, it will have been for five months. It's been wonderful, I truly love it, and truly feel called here, but like every road, you may grow a little weary along the way. No worries though, because as always, God's strength is sufficient.

No comments: