Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Truth...

Ok guys, I'm not going to lie. This week has kind of sucked.

Every week, not just on the mission field, but in life, obviously will present different challenges. Sometimes those weekly challenges vary in strength and number, and for me, the strength and number categories seemed to have increased this week. In a nutshell? It's just been one of those weeks.

My friend Kat from Anderson (who also served in Peru in the southern city of Arequipa) sent me this little prayer though, which was encouraging at just the right moment:

"May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you . May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let His presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and everyone of us."

This week may be rough, but it's good to know that His love will never fail.

Tonight I will board a bus to travel to Cajamarca, a city in the "Sierra" or mountains of Peru. This city is located at about 8,900 feet (a little bit lower than base elevation at Breckenridge, CO) and I am incredibly excited to get back to mountains. I love Trujillo, but what with it being a coastal city and what with me being a mountain girl and all....well you Coloradoans know what I mean.

Pictures, of course, to follow.

My home (First Picture) My Home away from Home (Second)

2 comments:

Cornucopia of Love said...

Holy Crap, I feel ya.

Guess who's a single gal again?

I love you Roomie. And thank goodness God takes care of his kids.

lesterspiano said...

gillian i understand too, in the las seven days i got in a argument with dr. johnson, got cursed out four times by jeff morris, got in trouble at work for being late, jeff spilled coke on my mac that i'm now having to sell and can't use, i had to skip school to rewrite the paper that was trapped on my computer, my truck broke down on 81 and i was 1 1/2 hrs late to work, and the old ladies have been calling and complaining that my pants are too low and i now have to wear my pants higher. seven days from hell is what i call them and i'm out of rum.